In our last blog we had asked your reaction about distribution of Note books & Stationery.
Our observations :
1) There are 26 item in all to be carried per child by the parents of the children. So with 2 children in the house, you will carry 52 items from Dadar to Masjid to the place of residence.
2 ) They also have to carry 12 items per family from Dadar to Masjid to the place of residence.
3) The members of the community will be traveling from Borivali & Ghatkopar to Dadar & then to Masjid between 4 & 8 pm on a working day in rush hours.
Following is the list of items for each child :
|Motu mandal||Yuvak Mandal|| Total |
|steel foot rule||1||1||2|
Per Family The following items will be given :
|Motu mandal|| Yuvak Mandal || Total |
|velcro docu bag||1||1|
If you see the table above then each child gets 2 steel foot rule & 2 pencil boxes. Is this not waste ? Who writes with pencil nowadays ? Like wise each child gets 1 water bag & 1 water bottle. is not it duplication ? Velcro Document Bag is given to the family or Children of the family ? How will children keep their documents in one folder when they need to have separate files/ folders and/or document bags. Same is true for pouch per family. Who will use it ?
Now what we want to question is as follows :
1) why the distribution not kept on Sunday ? What will happen to the members on a working day when they travel back home with loads of items in their hand ?
2) why both the mandals can not work in tandem to have single window delivery of the items at both the offices of Mandal ?
3) When committee members have decided to make us run to both the offices, why the timings are not kept separate so as to make members reach both the offices without much hassles.
It seems committee members are not servants of society but are bosses of the society. What they think is not in the larger interest of the Mandals because they are not in any mood to think out of the box.
We also feel that Donors should come forward not only to donate the funds for these activities but also put conditions as to how & what will be distributed from their donations. By merely giving away the funds does not help. What you, donors, have to demand is how your donations will reach the community in most smooth way.