Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Senior Citizens' New Alphabet - 2011

New Alphabet - 2011
                                 
   

 
A
is for apple, and B is for boat,
That used to be right, but now it  won't float!
Age before beauty is what we once said,
But let's  be a bit more realistic instead.
 
Now
...
 
The
 
Alphabet  
2011


A's
 for arthritis;
B's
the bad back,
C's
 the chest  pains,




perhaps car-d-iac?  
D   is for dental  decay and decline,
E
is for eyesight, can't read that top  line!
F
is for fissures and fluid  retention,
G
 is for gas which I'd rather not  mention.



H
is high blood pressure--I' d rather  it  be low,
I
 is for incisions with scars you can  show.
J  
is for  joints, out of socket, won't mend,
K
 is for knees that crack when they  bend.

L
is for libido, what happened to  sex?
M  
is for  memory, I forget what comes next.
N
is neuralgia, in nerves way down  low,
O
 is for osteo, the bones that don't  grow!


P
is for prescriptions, I have quite  a few,
just give me a pill and I'll be good as  new!

Q
is for queasy, is it fatal or  flu?
R
 is for reflux, one meal turns to  two.


S
 is  for sleepless nights,  counting my fears,
T
 is for Tinnitus; there's bells in my  ears!
U
 is for urinary; big troubles with  flow,
V
is for vertigo, that's "dizzy," you  know.


W
is for worry, NOW what's going  'round?
X
 is for X- ray, and what might be  found.
Y
 is another year I'm left here  behind,
Z
  is for zest that I still have -- in my  mind.



I've survived all the symptoms, my  body's deployed,
And I am keeping twenty-six doctors fully  employed!!!